Promoting Family Farms in America
Family farms are the core of American agriculture. Our mission is to help family farms expand their reach to deliver high quality, unique products to American consumers across the country.Sell Your Products Shop Farm Products
Some Family Farms Facts
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture:
- Food equals family - 97 percent of the 2.1 million farms in the United States are family-owned operations.
- Small business matters - 88 percent of all U.S. farms are small family farms.
- Local connections come in small packages - 58 percent of all direct farm sales to consumers come from small family farms.
- Big business matters too - 64 percent of all vegetable sales and 66 percent of all dairy sales come from the 3 percent of farms that are large or very large family farms.
- Farming provides new beginnings - 18 percent of principal operators on family farms in the U.S. started within the last 10 years.
Family and small farms are vital to our economy and well-being as a nation. More than 90 percent of farms in the U.S. are classified as small, with a gross cash farm income of $250,000, or less. Not only do they support the competitiveness and sustainability of rural and farm economies, they serve to: protect and enhance natural resources and the environment, provide a nursery for the development of new enterprises and marketing systems, and maintain rural populations.
Choosing to purchase family farm grown food is an important way to support your farm economy, contribute to your community, improve your health and do your part to protect the environment.
The Simply Heartland Story
We founded Simply Heartland with the goal of creating a company that brings you the best products from small, American family farms directly to your doorstep. These are unique, high quality products that you otherwise might not find from these small batch artisan producers.
We prioritize American family farms and partner with them to help them grow and thrive. We do this by helping to extend their reach beyond their local farmers markets or grocery stores.
Rooted in our belief in small-scale farming and the incredible value it provides, we are committed to supporting rural communities, sustainable farming, protecting the natural environment and better stewardship of the land. Our model ensures that products from us are never produced on large factory farms.
We will continue to add qualified family farms to ensure both their success and to provide you access to a wider variety of high quality family farm products. We hope you enjoy exploring and discovering our member farms and their amazing stories!